Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Illamasqua Mermaid



Having recently been to a work shop with Illamasqua, I learnt a really interesting way of creating an avant-garde makeup look. Choose to random colours, two random words and brainstorm what the combination of all makes you think of.b My words were; Blue, Orange, Glossy and Tropical.

Blue and Gloss made me think of water, which then made me think of a tropical water. From this, I then came to the conclusion that I would be doing a water themed look, adding the word water to my list. Considering the effects of water through makeup I knew the idea of gloss linked well, but considering one of the words was tropical I then wanted to think about the sun shining on the water, influencing my choice of my final word, glitter. After thinking of links to find a final outcome, we came across the ideas of fish or mermaids. Mermaids are much more simply portrayed through a person, which finalised my idea of the Illamasqua mermaid.

Here are some images that inspire me for a mermaid makeup look:










Inspirational Mermaid Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment